Thursday, November 1, 2007

Indian Summer

Jas and I were talking about my very limited blog entries. I think entries to date add up to two. There was a proposal floated to change the name of the blog from "Matt's Big Blog" to "Matt's Smaller than Average, yet Perfectly Adequately Sized Blog", but that just doesn't have a nice ring to it.



The nice fall weather is upon us here in Oregon. I took advantage to the fullest last weekend. Friday afternoon I took off work to spend the day mountain biking. Saturday I took Avery to the OSU beaver game (OSU 23, Stanford 6), preceded by Avery's first tailgater. After the game, Chris, Tim, and I drove up to Cloud Cap on Mt Hood. We arrived at ~ midnight Saturday night, had a few beers, and slept under the full moon in the dirt parking lot. The next day we hiked up to the Elliot Glacier and did some ICE climbing. Chris took come cool pictures at: http://picasaweb.google.com/davisc20/ElliotGlacier102807. I'm the one in the yellow helmet.



In other notes:



I've got my application in for WS100. (http://www.ws100.com/). The lottery is Dec 1. Wish me luck! Still working on plan-B, should the lottery not be kind to me. But a 100 miler is the goal for next year. I've been working on my 100 mile pace in all my training runs. (i.e. running really slowly!).



Jasmine got juried successfully at the corvallis art guild. And she'll soon have one or more paintings on display at the pegasus gallery in Corvallis. I'm worried though, that she'll sell all my favorite paintings!



I put a bunch of photo albums on-line at http://picasaweb.google.com/mtnahorniak. Mostly these are Jasmine's pics from races this year, that had been posted at imagestation.com. But imagestation is soon-to-be defunct. So now they're here.

No comments: